March 2019 Newsletter
Looking for “Committed Citizens”
”Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world: indeed it’s the only thing that ever has”….Margaret Mead
This is the quote with which Morro Bay BEAUTIFUL ends every newsletter.
So, when we decided to have “no membership dues” and change our website, we changed “Membership” to “Committed Citizen”,because that’s actually what we are. We are always looking for committed citizens who want to help make Morro Bay even more beautiful.
Annual City-Wide Yard Sale – TBID (the Morro Bay tourism Board) is now in charge of the yard sale. Their contact number is (805) 225-7411 X 2 – ask for Liz.
The yard sale has been a challenge. For instance, we could not guarantee that people’s addresses would be in the right place on the map, thus we had to issue refunds. When “God” got involved (it rained), we knew we needed to make a change☺.
Scholarships – Cindy Sutter has researched how we can help our local students, and has come up with two scholarships that MBB will award this year. We will know the details after March 22nd. She is also looking into classes at the High School that have a trash pick-up or a clean-up day that we can support.
Earth Day is April 22nd and we will do our part to clean up our beaches.
Our event date will be Tuesday April 23rd – A nice walk and a little exercise.
- We will meet at Coleman park, at the north end of the Embarcadero by the bathrooms, at 9:00 AM
- You will go pick up litter on a section of beach with a partner
- At 11:30 AM we will meet back at the same place in Coleman park (with your trash). The State wants to inventory the trash we will deliver to them.
- Then we will go to pizza at Round Table on Quintana (by Albertsons) …cost $5.00 per person.
- Call Karen Kubarekfor additional information –(518) 466-4421
This rock is one of the “treasures” that Ron found on the last sand spit clean up.
By Ann Reisner, President, Morro Bay BEAUTIFUL